Whether you are seeking to enforce a competition law claim or to mount a defence against one, in court or out of court: our extensive experience in civil litigation will ensure you have the strongest possible case. BUNTSCHECK offers particular expertise in the following fields:
- Damages claims under competition law made by customers, suppliers or third parties, either following a penalty decision by the European Commission or national competition law authorities (follow-on litigation) or independent of any regulatory proceedings (stand-alone litigation).
- Disputes about the enforceability of contracts.
- Advice regarding interim relief following refusal to supply.
- Support in damages claims resulting from infringement of patents essential to a standard.
BUNTSCHECK has in-depth experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants, so we understand the interests and strategies of both sides. Our clients benefit from our 360-degree perspective on all facets of their case. You can count on us to support you at every stage:
- We develop a negotiation and procedural strategy that is tailored to your individual requirements.
- We give you an honest and informed opinion regarding your chances of success.
- We help you to gather and preserve evidence, to commission expert opinions and to manage the timing, strategic and logistical demands of a complex case as efficiently as possible.
- We represent you in negotiations for an out-of-court settlement.
- If required, we represent you in court proceedings.
Acting for the plaintiff
- Damages claim under competition law in “TV Advertising Times” case (Regional Court Dusseldorf)
- Damages claim under competition law in “Calcium Carbide” case (Regional Court Munich, Higher Regional Court Munich)
- 30 separate damages claims under patent law against Google, HTC, Huawei, LG and Samsung (Regional Court Dusseldorf, Higher Regional Court Dusseldorf)
- Support for out-of-court enforcement of damages claims, including the competition cases “Ball bearings”, “Automotive glazing”, “Gas-insulated switchgears”, “Hydrants” and “Power Transformers”
Acting for the defendant
- Over 80 cases of damages claims under competition law in the “Trucks” case
- Damages claim under competition law in the “Display Stands” case (Regional Court Dusseldorf, Higher Regional Court Dusseldorf)
- Damages claim under competition law in the “Hydrogen Peroxide” case (Regional Court Dortmund)
- Support for out-of-court defence against claims for damages including the competition law cases, “Propane Gas”, “Sausages” and “Acoustically Effective Components”